Sunday, March 26, 2006

Saving a Route

When a user finishes creating a route and wants to save it, we wanted to capture some info about the route as well as the user (we wanted to keep this at a minimum, as we know what a pain in the ass it is to keep typing in information on the web).

I wanted to use LightBox for this part of the application. This basically provides a neat effect of a modal window. So the users is completely focessed on this box !! very impressive. Had noticed this some time back. There have been multiple improvements on what Lokesh Dhakar had initially written.

1. Particle Tree - Lightbox gone wild !
2. Leightbox

Decided to go with the Leightbox version as it seemed a tad faster.


I create a route on the map



and on clicking 'save' I get this modal box (a lightbox) asking for for some info. And I have an option of saving the map or continuing what I was doing

Whew. This took some time, as I was unable to figure out what was happening with the Javascript.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home