Friday, March 31, 2006

The Bite !

The lack of tests bit me today :-(

All these days, I was not able to save my routes on the server and I had no idea why this was happening.

Today with a LOT of help from Pratik (the guys who is providing this awesome service called FreeOnRails, on which this app is hosted for now) I was able to FINALLY figure out what was happening, and nail the bug.
Something that a simple test would have nailed right on, instead of us wading thru server logs and messing around with file permissions.

Whew. But on the bright side, got to have a chat with Pratik and get to know him. Hats off to this guy. If only more people would be like this. I mean, he spent like 2-3 hours just looking at the issues that I was having. Awesome, awesome. I was totally blown away by this. I didnt know him, and he didnt have to do this as he was not gaining any thing by helping me out. Hats of to you dude !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home